Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Testimonial From Mrs. McNab

Dear Rory:

Firstly, let me thank you for the excellent job you did in marketing and selling my house. I am so pleased with the results you generated on my behalf, in fact I am ecstatic and so is my family.

I am amazed that it has all happened so quickly and so smoothly and without any problems. As a retired person I am extremely careful and cautious in such important matters and you were clearly the right choice for the job. As you know I had a lot on my mind and you completely removed all of the burdens and fears that I carried about selling this property.

It was most apparent that you took a great deal of time to produce a market valuation and marketing strategy that I could rely upon and I really appreciated all of the updates and how you explained everything to me in a language that I could understand. You are truly an upstanding and trustworthy individual.

You were so patient and professional and I thank you for walking me through each step of the process. In addition to making this a painless experience you wanted me to realize the highest value and best terms for my property and it truly showed Rory.

From the start you had me featured on your web site as promised and your photographs and marketing materials were excellent. When I wondered if we should reduce the price, when the number of showings declined, your recommendation was to maintain our asking price and your market updates and research were so helpful and proved to be absolutely correct.

When I was nervous and perhaps a little excited and wanted to accept an offer to purchase you recommended that we make a counter-offer and although I was hesitant I ended up with several thousand dollars more because of your keen sales insight. In addition, you increased the deposit and adjusted the terms so that my interests were better protected and more secure, even though we encountered resistance from the buyers.

I really thank you for this extra effort Rory and for validating what I heard about you, which was that you are an outstanding real estate professional, a top negotiator and that your clients received the highest level of service and most favourable results. You really looked after me Rory in every way possible and I knew you were working for me and not the other party, which is refreshing today.

You were great with my tenants and arranged a showing schedule that did not interfere with their enjoyment of their suite and they were very pleased. When you discovered that having a lockbox would be advantageous to the showing and selling process you moved immediately and made it happen.

I appreciated all of the things that you did to create and maintain a competitive environment with the other agents and interested parties and I can say today that I now understand how you controlled the selling environment to generate the most favourable results.

What really amazes me is how you have handled all the various details of this transaction. Your customer service is absolutely the best. Thank you for helping me to get the right lawyer for the closing close to my home and arranging for me to sign the transfer documents early so that we wouldn’t miss our vacation.

You know Rory it is so refreshing to find a person today who actually delivers the results exactly as promised when we first met to discuss this undertaking. I remember you asking me what were my most important objectives before we got started and what would make this property sale a ten plus for me? You were so different than the other realtors I have known. Today I can say without hesitation that you exceeded my best expectations and that all of my objectives were realized.

In closing, over the years we have worked with a number of realtors but you are simply the best and I believe head and shoulders above the others. As you know we have a neighbour and a friend who are both realtors and I am so pleased that I interviewed you for the job and ultimately made the best choice.

In your recent letter you asked if I felt there was a difference between your services/abilities and the services of other realtors I have personally experienced and I would like to respond with the emphasized word, “absolutely”! However, until I worked with you I didn’t truly understand how it could be so different and you have educated me on the differences first-hand.

I truly benefited from your superior experience, knowledge and abilities, as outlined in the information package and materials you delivered to me prior to our first meeting. You have earned your fee as promised and the bonus for me was that it was completely recovered when you pushed for the counter-offer, when I was prepared to accept a lower price, which was still very attractive.

In retrospect I think I was excited to see where you were taking me from the time we met, agreed on the asking price and signed the listing agreement and my expectations were exceeded to the point that I was wondering if I deserved such a good price?

You brought clarity to the situation and reassured me that I was receiving the true value of my property, which others may have not taken the time to define and were unprepared to work for, but that you knew was there. You were prepared to make the investment on my behalf to help me realize optimum results and that was a big difference.

I look forward to referring my friends, family and neighbours to you in the future and it is with great pleasure that I write this letter of recommendation.

You have earned it Rory and I highly recommend your services to anyone who is considering the sale of their home or property. They should not hesitate for a moment in calling you. Feel free to share my name and this letter with others.

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

Lynne McNab